Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sharing Animation - História Trágica Com Final Feliz (Regina Pessoa, 2005)

Aos portugueses: Estejam presentes AQUI.

For this week's animation sharing, I bring to you a portuguese animation, as today portuguese people are going to the street manifest against the cut of 100% of the government  funding to portuguese films. It's important to know that most of the films made in Portugal can only survive with the already little funding they get.

As to show everyone how portuguese animations are worth it, here is a highly awarded (the most awarded portuguese animation of all times) and beautifully made, by Regina Pessoa, Tragic Story With Happy Ending.

It's quite interesting to talk about a portuguese animation, I mean, Regina studied in the tween university I'm studing right now, and my animation professor probably knows her (if the animation industry worldwide is small, in Portugal is like an old neighbourhood, everyone knows everyone).

To make this animation, just like all other animations, a lot of hard work had to be done. But if you think that every frame is a printmaking, you may guess how much work this one took. And it's great!

HERE you have some more info about the animations and it's awards (Prémios = awards).

I guess all I can say is, if you're portuguese, be proud of what we have and don't let it die, and if you're not, enjoy another great animation, this one from Portugal!

HERE is the english version, with better quality.




Check out the other short movies from the Sharing Collection HERE!!


See you soon with another Portuguese animation!

No copyright and related rights infringements are intended with these sharings, all these animations are properties from their respective authors or studios always credited in the post.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very beautiful animation. Although I don't understand Portugese, I get many messages and themes. I even think not knowing the language makes it probably better. I don't know, but I assume the text may be pretentious. I'm not criticizing! just guessing, coz a lot of films/animations like this have in a way similar commentaries. Am I right? :))

    ReplyDelete